Whether a piece gets accepted based on the criteria below is up to discretion of whichever three voting admins get to the piece first in our inbox. If your piece doesn't get accepted, the last voter may or may not leave an explanation in the correspondence item comments. (If you didn't get an explanation and you would like one, please leave a comment IN THAT AREA or link to the piece in question if you've deleted your correspondence.) If you clearly broke a rule, or if there is uncertainty on your part, please do not argue with the admins. If you truly think your work was judged unfairly, shoot us a note.
We welcome submissions of art and literature related to My Little Pony.
However, we cannot accept:
- Journal entries.
- Art focusing on humanized or anthro original characters (OCs).
- OCs classified as "humanized" in an original style will always be rejected, as they are not identifiably MLP-related.
- OCs in the style of Equestria Girls are currently deemed to fall under the previous blanket rule, and will also be rejected.
- OCs classified as "anthro" will be rejected if they are more human-like than pony. Features we look for to indicate whether something is not acceptable include human hands/feet, human leg joints, and human proportions. Pony OCs who are simply standing in a human pose (but still have all pony characteristics) are acceptable.
- None of the rules in this section apply to canon characters.
- Art focusing on creatures of any non-canon species.
- This does not apply to crossovers, which can be of any species as long as the subject is a canon MLP character.
- Dragon, gryphon, donkey, etc, OCs are acceptable as long as they are identifiably MLP-style.
- Hybrids, such as ponies with non-canon tail or wing designs, are judged on a sliding scale at admin discretion.
- Non-canon hooved creatures (deer, antelopes, etc) may be accepted at admin discretion based on closeness to MLP-style.
- Art in the style of a previous generation of MLP is very uncommon, and may be judged on a case-by-case basis.
To keep our galleries accessible to all ages, please keep all submitted art and literature G-rated.We will reject all mature content, including:
- "Mature" tag.
- Blood or gore.
- Lewdness and anything remotely sexual (even if censored).
- Excessive violence.
- Excessively disturbing or grimdark imagery.
- Illegal drug use (may also include abuse of alcohol and smoking).
- Foul language.
In addition to featuring our members' work, we try to deliver great art to our watchers' inboxes. We won't judge your artistic skills, but we try to keep low-effort works out of the gallery, as well as art that relies primarily on work done by others.Please avoid submitting:
- Unfinished or hastily-done works. This includes all stages of WIPs.
- Artwork not created by you, or featuring uncredited work by other artists.
- This includes any commission by another artist which you have permission to post, but of which there is another copy on dA by the original artist.
- If you are aware of any instances of art theft that make it into our gallery, please let us know via group note.
- Artwork created from bases:
- Images from PonyCreator / 3D PonyCreator / any other generator.
- Anything from GMod, SFM, or another 3D program, that uses any pony model or body originally created by someone else. We do accept 3D art if all the assets are either fully original or heavily modified from stock on a fundamental level, or where the use of stock assets feels incidental to a larger original piece.
- Non-vector traced screenshots. (Excludes actual original bases themselves, which we do accept.)
- Adopt sheets where a single pose is used multiple times, even if it is your own base.
- Common gifs, such as trot sprites.
- Memes, motivational/demotivational posters, image macros.
- Photomanipulations and PIRLs
- Photos of store-bought merchandise.
- Roleplay transcripts.
- Minecraft pixel art.
- Direct screenshots of the show or any program / game.
- Low-effort cosplay.
In order to keep our watchers' inboxes looking great, we ask that your artwork is properly presented.Please avoid common pitfalls, such as:
- Drawings on lined paper, unless the lines cannot be seen through the art.
- Dark, blurry, and grainy photos.
- Images that are heavily-compressed, excessively-watermarked, or suffer from extreme technique errors.
- Images that are too small to see or read clearly, for which big previews and originals have been disabled.
- Images which do not load in standard browsers.
Submission Limit to the sorting folder:
Members: 1 per week. It's the same as 4 per month but you don't have to wait a whole month if something goes wrong. We don't want to impose strict quality controls here but we do want to encourage you to submit only your best
work, rather than submitting everything.
Primary Contributor status may be offered by admins to the most talented artists in the fandom. This confers a submission limit of 8 per month, and automatic acceptance.